Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2012 14:05:36 -0800
> Lately I find several of your recent articles as PR for big ag and frankly boring

> I never heard professional beekeepers blame GM plants for
> CCD.  I never did.

Plenty of smaller-time beekeepers and members of the public at large (especially those of the “eat local, eat organic” persuasion) believe that GM "frankenfoods" play a large part in CCD as well as human health problems. Amateurish research like the Séralini rat tumor study in France, and the irresponsible headlines it grabbed, serve only to reinforce that view.

I cracked open my new ABJ over lunch and read Randy’s article, which was not as boring as usual in my opinion. :) Not only did it keep my interest, but when I get the time I plan to follow some of the footnotes as well. I agree that some of it sounded almost like a PR piece for Monsanto, but as Randy noted, it's a company with a bad reputation (undeservedly in some areas) and no apparent inclination to defend itself.

Thanks so much, Randy, for another scholarly research report. And thank you, Bob, for calling our attention to it!

Eugene Makovec
Eastern Missouri