Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:50:05 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
Bob, I don't know how to take your comment:

"I would not be surprised to learn Jerry B still has CCD samples in his freezer 
untested since 2006

Jerry?"

Are you implying that I'm with USDA?  or that I don't process samples in a timely manner?

We completed and published years ago on our 2006 sampling, and all of our work through 2010.  And we got trashed for it, hate mail, and death threats.

Given that we had to patch together bits and pieces of funding from beekeepers, non-profits to do any work at all, that the Army donated most of the analysis work, and that I and my company more or less volunteered much of our time, I'm proud of what we accomplished.  

But after 2010, I had to stop running my company into the red.  I'm now working on ways to improve pollination, trying to raise the bar for OnLine beekeeping classes, getting new tools into the hands of beekeepers - including a new project for early detection of pesticide exposure, trying to find some new treatments, and working on projects outside of the US - where I find more open-mindedness.

FYI, in 2006, we proposed a mobile laboratory/swat team to go to immediately investigate large bee losses.  Endorsed by AHPA, it was a complete fail with USDA reviewers.  You don't need surveys, you need answers.

These days I'm working on early detection and prevention, not surveys.

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2