Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:04:39 -0500
>The study does NOT say what the commondreams.org article says it says.  The study is freely available for anyone to read.
>This is supposed to be an informed discussion, not the tossing around of quotes from the mass media.

"tossing around of quotes from the mass media"?  I did not see any tossing.  I just saw a piece offered without comment for what it is worth.

What is being said in the media is of interest and knowing about misinformation is all part of the discussion.  If you don't like what is being said, you can ignore it, and if you have already commented, just let it go by.  Repetition happens.  Some people (including the moderators) don't read everything in every post, (especially posts by some specific long-winded, opinionated writers), may go on holidays or have Alzheimers and therefore repeat something that has been discussed.  It happens, so get over it.

>I don't ever wish to discourage a student from learning or discussion...

Well, it appears that you are patronizing someone (I'm guessing) you do not know, so please stop.

We are delighted to get ANYTHING from people who seldom or never post, so let's encourage them.

Can't we all just get along?