From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 10:15:48 -0800
On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Jerry J Bromenshenk wrote:

> I oppose splitting just to do what was originally intended.  Bee-L was
> started to talk about bee biology.  The diversity of hobbiests, commercial
> beekeepers, apicultural inspectors, and researchers adds to the information
> exchange.  The problem should not be re-starting lists.  At issue is the
> purpose, which people quickly forget.  The objective is to discuss bee
> biology - if we could stick to that topic, it wouldn't matter who made up the
> list and there would be no need to split.

  Hello All, I belive Jerry has the real point of this list.
   I would like to ad a little.About 15 years ago Quality Circles were
being used to help manage companys. We would get a group of workers
together and brainstorm problems. I started one in my group and it went
very well.We had many different ideas on what the problem was and how to
solve it.There were no stupid ideas , because it could prevoke someone
else with an different idea and prospective. We did have to have patience
with some of the players. The bottem line was the outcome. We all grew and
everyone of the members went up the ladder.We learned to listen and to
discard what did not fit.
  This list has helped me get more information on Varroa and many other
problems with beekeeping.We have some great people on this list and it
needs to be open to all.We will never get over someones bad day. When they
take it out on the list. It should not be here ,but I will take the
reallity of being human.
 We do need to respect each others ideas. I don't have to use them , but
they do make my mind work so I can throw them away if they don't fit.
Think about 600+ people in one room discussing honeybees. I can see a real
mess , with some people shouting and just discord.We should all try to
keep down the flame.
 Lets pass on some good info on honeybees , so we can all learn.We do have
to keep this loose so we have more people posting and not be afraid of
getting stepped on.
 Have a Great  97
  Roy