From:
Ted Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:08:04 -0400
Like Tim I have read a bit about Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) on the
internet. Below is a web site address. It includes an article written in
Aug 2007 that gives a good overview of what ULSD is and why the use of
additives are advisable.

The site includes the results of tests done to determine the effectiveness
of additives. They not only tested legally registered additives but two
stroke oil and used engine oil as well. Now why the heck would they be
testing them? (BTW, two stroke engine oil scored better than the additive
I buy from GM. That's another weird thing, GM dealers sell diesel
additive, they just won't officially recommend you use it in their
vehicles).

http://inchoate.harm.org/~halbritt/dodge/Diesel%20Fuel%20Additive%20V3.pdf

  Ted