From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:41:40 -0400
Jeff Hills said:

> Yesterday evening the bells played "Nearer, My God, to thee."
> The bees remained perfectly calm

OK, assuming the bells were played at the same time, we
have eliminated "time" from the equation.  On to sound...

Can you get them to play "A Mighty Fortress" again
when you can be around to "test" the reaction of your bees?

It seems that either:

a)  The bells had nothing to do with your bees' sudden mood swings,
     and it was something else that you simply did not notice.

b)  Only certain bells (I'd guess big fat bells that play low notes)
     cause the vibrations I spoke of eairlier, and those bells are used
     in the one hymn, but not the other.

c)  The bees ARE music critics after all, and don't like the one
     hymn, or the way it was played.

        jim