From:
Jane Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 1994 16:17:44 -0500
Jerry, you make a lot of sense:)  There was honey along the edges of the
hive, and I was confused to find bees in starvation formation (read ass up)
in the middle of the frames.  I couldn't figure out why the cluster had not
moved; however, I now understand.  It was a nuc hive and not terrifically
big.  As well, it was verrrrrrry cold this winter.  Perhaps they didn't
move to the honey because the cluster was not moving.  Well darn!  I
am hoping that was the problem and not varroa dreadus.  The other was
a swarm hive that I should have taken my losses on in the fall and combined
it with another and just didn't get to it.  Thanks so much for the help.
Cheers, Jane.