From:
jim jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 11:20:54 -0500
Dear Old Drone,

OK,  I'll bite.

What are the REAL objections to an Organic Certified Honey.??

#1. You don't HAVE to do it if you don't want to.  So if people don't want
to provide it - they should get out of the discussion.  Flaming the issue
is no help.

#2. There IS a need for it.  Even on this list I see discussion on the
different possibilities of contamination.  Thru apistan, thru forage, thru
HFCS especially!  There are real humans who desire that their food is
clean.  I am one.

#3. It is do-able.  Organic farmers can provide clean forage.  Allowing the
bees to make their own foundation is possible.  Treatment options exist.
Perhaps what isn't possible is to continue taking everything from the bees
without giving back.  Factory production mentality doesn't work with
organic approaches.

The only thing I don't understand is the tax issue.  Is it set up so that
"organic" honey is taxed and the honey with contaminants and god knows what
is not???

   Jim Jensen         Atlanta, GA         [log in to unmask]

               The BioDynamic Honeybee Symposium
      A Quarterly forum for discussion of important topics.
                From beekeepers to beekeepers.
                    Contact me for copies.