From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:39:19 -0800
From: "david browder"
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 2:24 PM

>> >  Maples are in full bloom here in north carolina.

Went down the bottom portion of I-65 in Alabama and west across I-10 to Slidell, Louisiana this weekend, twice.  Sunday really noticed the red maple bloom.  Looked like patches of bright red in otherwise drab brown.  Never noticed it so intensely red before.  May be  because I wasn't really looking for red maple bloom.  It was really interesting to see just how much red maple there really was out there.  Didn't think there was that much maple down here in the southern regions, but surely did find out differently this weekend.

Mike in LA