From:
Peter Amschel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 13:44:19 -0800
Excerpts from BEE-L wrote:

> From:                     Garth <[log in to unmask]>
> To:                         [log in to unmask]
>
> > One of my students was a beekeeper in Vietnam and he informed me the
> > other day that beekeepers there avoid taking honey during the full
> > moon.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  He seemed pretty
> > certain that a new moon harvest would be much better.

I was in Vietnam in 67 as a draftee and I noted that the Vietnamese are
very superstitious. They have altars in their homes to appease spirits of
dead relatives, and altars out by the roadside to appease wandering
spirits. They don't even clip their toenails at night because of some
superstition or another. I like them, though.