From:
Robert Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 1997 22:01:51 -0500
Hello List
Gerry V., and others have been discussing observation hives on the
Apis-L, but a post indicated that it was off-topic...and should be
discussed on Bee-L.
No one has brought the topic here , so I shall do so.
I have ordered an observation hive, from our local Dadant supplier.
I asked him to get me a normal deep super + honey super above type of
observation hive.
I asked for the small type because I didn't want something very tall in my
dining room (where I intend to place it.)
Now I wonder if I should have gone for something with 2 or three deep
frames instead...it is apparently difficult to manage this small an
observation hive.
What is required to do this effectively?...any help?
thanks!

Regards,
Rob

Robert C.L. Watson
pipe organ technician    organist - choirmaster    early woodwind player
hobby beekeeper    homebrewer   tenor