From:
David Verville <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 13:20:39 -0400
Paul Cronshaw, D.C. wrote:

> I picked up swarm #18 in a back yard today, about the size of a volleyball,
> clustered 10 ft up in a magnolia tree.
>
> For those of you who are into removing those large clusters of
> bees......you know the ones that are the size of basketballs and larger
> :)... I highly recommend using a copy paper box as a temporary hive.

I highly recommend that you try the "MDM Splitter" as advertised in the
current Bee Culture magazine.  They fold flat and don't take up much
room.  You can put one together in about 3 minutes using duct tape.
I keep a few behind the truck's seat just in case I get a swarm call.
I reuse them every year making splits and starting nucs.  They are
great and not that expensive.

Dave Verville