From:
Vivian Donahue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 00:19:53 -0400
This afternoon I put on a new brood chamber and several new empty (drawn)
supers on my very crowded backyard hive.  As I sat next to my hive enjoying
watching the spring activity, I heard a sound I've never noticed before. It
sounded a little like a cross between crinkling paper and a light rain
coming from inside the hive. Almost like the bees were on the insides of
the new additions with tap shoes?  I've kept bees off and on for over 20
years (all as a small hobbiest) and have never noticed this before. Perhaps
I've not been very observant, but this really struck me as odd.  Has anyone
else ever noticed such a phenonomen?

Vivian