Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:26:41 -0400
>> Lack of responses to this thread make me think it is something that
>> has never been looked at.

>Actually, all this is in the archives.  That's why.

I have a bit more time to expand on that now.  Often I am reading
and replying on a phone, on a tablet or between jobs, so forgive me
if I sound curt sometimes.  It is a function of the environment, not
impatience.

I am definitely not suggesting that everything there is to know is in our
archives.  Some topics are sparsely covered and others have partial, false or
misleading information that needs amplification or correction.

The is no topic that has been covered so thoroughly and perfectly  that
new and better information cannot be added.  It just happens, though,
that I recall this topic has been well covered at one time and that a fairly
convincing conclusion reached.

We recommend that people start with an archive search and go from
there, or check the archives if answers do not seem to be forthcoming.

My challenge is to find the conversations about optimal age to remove
queens from nucs for shipping and post links to it here.

I know how to do it, but it seems that most do not, thus the challenge.

Here is a brief tutorial:

First, an enquirer must actually find the search page.  That should be
easy, simply by going to http:/www.bee-l.org.  Let me know if this
presents a problem because those who have not signed in there will
see something different from what I see.  Be sure to register there
for future returns to the site.

Then the mistake many make is to use the basic search pane instead of
going to the "Advanced Options" search link.

The basic search is next to useless IMO.  The advanced search rocks!

For the advanced search you can use the above entry or try this link:

http://community.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-LSOFTDONATIONS.exe?REPORT&z=4&1=BEE-L&L=BEE-L&X=7C0EC223BE9B27E3FD

(or http://tinyurl.com/cu8o64q if you prefer).

The secret of good searching is to use partial words.  For example
if you want to search for introducing virgins, use the following two
words in the query box.

introduc virgin

And be sure to check the "substring" box.  That ensures you get all posts
with either "introduce" and "introducing" near the word "virgin" or "virgins".

Otherwise, the search is very literal and will not give all the results.

Other search pointers and questions are welcome.

Now, who can find the previous discussions and post the links?