From:
Robert MacKimmie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 09:15:35 -0700
Excuse my greenhorn question, but this is my first year with hives running
at full strength into the season in numbers, therefore my ignorance.

Mites seem to be appearing in spades in a number of my hives. Our nectar
flow can linger into October and I have a maximum of supers on right now.

Can anyone share their strategy about when and how to deal with varroa when
they show up at this time of year. If I wait until the nectar flow is over
several months from now, will I have any bees left?

Thanks everybody.