Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:52:54 -0500
>The only time that I have trouble with bees not moving up (again, my
>winters cold, but short) is when there's a full box of honey in white
>combs above the cluster.  As long as there is any dark, empty drawn
>comb for the cluster to move up into, they have no problem getting
>past the gap.

Good point, Randy.  This could be one reaosn that different people see
different things.  Some have only a few new combs every year while
others have whole boxes of new comb.

Reportedly many Northern Europeans replace comb at rates we in
Alberta would consider impossible, and then also have good wintering.

That has always made me wonder what they take for granted that
we do not see.