From:
Michael Lescord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 03:42:32 -0400
Greetings,

I wonder if any members have experience with nucs transported through the
mail.  I recently received 4 nucs (quite expensive I might add) from
Buckeye Bee in Ohio.  Three of the nucs were outright dead with only a
couple of hundred bees adhered to nearly empty comb.  The fourth had around
200 bees that were alive but no queen or eggs visible.  Very little brood
was present in any of these 5 frame nucs.

Interestingly, Buckeye Bee is giving me fits over filing an insurance
claim, (even though I paid for the insurance).  There is no contact for
them other than an AOL email address and someone named "Ken", who will not
supply a phone number.  Be careful with these people.

I wonder if "nucs through the mail" is an unworkable concept, or did I just
get taken from this one supplier?  .

Regards,

Michael Lescord