From:
Ted Wout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 11:40:50 EST
Harry Sweet wrote:
>Okay.. I have a question:
>Is plasticell ( fits in a wood frame ) the same as permadent,
>snap-in, etc ?
Permadent and Plasticell are basically the same thing.  I have found
that Permadent runs a little less expensive than Plasticell.  This year
Mann-Lake is selling something called "RiteCell" in place of Permadent.
 Anybody out there have any experience with it?

>Who's got the lowest wholesale prices for plasticell?
>Looking for 8 3/8" @ approx 80 cents
>                 5 1/5 @  approx 70 cents
I have found that Lapp Bee Supply @ 800-321-1960 has the best price on
Permadent, $.74 per 8 1/2"sheet in lots of 100.  If you're looking for
the best deal on Pierco frames, try Glorybee @ 800-465-7923, price per
frame $1.72.  I have found their price per frame as much as a dollar
lower per frame when buying less than 72 at a time.

Ted Wout, 3rd year beekeeper, 8 hives, adding 4 this spring
Red Oak, TX