From:
Dean Breaux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:38:46 PDT
I would like to warn people with young children to prevent young children from being stung. I have a three year old daughter that has been stung twice and almost died from the second bee sting. I am not trying to alarm anyone only a word to the wise, be careful. The doctors told me that my daughter was exposed to the venom thru my clothes and such because I spent so much time with the bees. My oldest daughter (8yrs) has worked bees and been in the bee yards with me since she was 4 yrs old and has never had any kind of a reaction to bee stings but we always carry a epi-pen with us since my youngest had the reaction. Because of my work my youngest daughter is undergoing bee sting therapy one shot every other week. The doctors say that she should be immune in a couple of years MAYBE ????  I would suggest the bee sheriff suits and a good set of gloves for all children.

Saftey First, it is scary to have your young child have a reaction, I thought I would die before we got her to the hospital.

Dean Breaux
Executive Vice President
Hybri-Bees Inc.