From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:13:02 -0500
Hello Jim & All,

> lets not blame a pesticide that has
well-known and well-documented symptoms not seen in CCD.

Pesticide kills never fit exact symptoms except in the last stages before
death.

What  we  seem to be  looking at is enough pesticide to cause the bee to not
be able to find its way back to the hive.

Kind of like maybe a night at the local pub and trying to find your car in a
large parking lot. Except when leaving the pub you will in time find your
car.

These bees seem not able to ever find their way. Research has shown (my own
also) that the honeybee will only live a short time away from the hive by
herself. Plenty of honey/pollen in a cage a single bee soon dies.

Research has shown pesticides can cause this problem leaving bees lost a
mile from the hive without a clue which way the hive is.

>Imidacloprid poisoned hives result in bees with "the shakes".

This is the last stage. What of lighter doses?

>The French beekeepers were very clear about this.

Not the ones I have been in contact with. Two French researchers are willing
to come to the U.S. and explain their research as to why imadicloprid caused
the problems in France and why the problem stopped when the product was
banned. So far my ABF officer connection as not reported back about their
possible visit to speak with U.S. beekeepers.

A close friends son has been in France for a year working with a commercial
operation and he has been reporting from meetings what the French commercial
beekeepers have seen since the Imadicloprid ban. Email me a contact number
Jim and I will let his father talk to you when he comes for a visit before
long. The father does business with French beekeepers.

>Here's another simple question - how could hives overwintered
by Dewey Caron at U DE shown clear symptoms of CCD when first
examined in the spring of this year?  What agribusiness crop
was grown within the flight range of these "pampered" bees?

Clear symptoms?

At Dewey's *first* examination of the year he found 7-8 frames of all stages
of bees ,a queen and a few young bees?
OR
Was saying his bees all crashed from CCD easier than "wax moth killed my
bees!"

>I'm no big fan of pesticide companies, I'm just a fan of facts.

 Just because many opinions are published on websites on the internet does
not make them facts! The big fact one should consider concerning pesticides
is almost all research published has been funded by chemical companies.

Same with research to get new drugs approved drug companies.

bob

--
believed to be clean.