From:
Frederick Proni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2013 06:17:03 -0700
Greetings all,

As an avid reader of this board for a couple of years we are seeking
advice.  We have a large number of packages arriving in the next week
(second order) and this year our package install yard will be planted
with corn, 7 acres.  Herbicide has already been applied to the plat and
we expect sowing to occur (most likely) a few days after we install our
packages (truly hoping it will happen before but we can not get an
answer from the corporate farm).  Sowing will occur based on weather.
Our concern is will the sprayed seed coat have an immense effect on
package population and will the seed coat cause us a long term issue
since all packages will be placed on foundation, no drawn comb.

We have had bees right on corn, soybeans, and cotton in the past few
years with really no different effect than what we have experienced with
remote, non agricultural regions in terms of loss.  Just looking for a
consensus here since if the majority believe we will jeopardize this
package install investment or if we should consider another yard.

Thanks - Freddy