From:
Jørn Johanesson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 17:40:55 +-200
Allan made an FTP on the address I put on to Sunset to be kind to you to get a quicker download than this from Australia. He only got half an archive Home, and running this he got a CRC error from Winrar that is used to make the archive with. That is why he could not install it. He now remembered some errors I have made long time ago, and Jumped at my software in Best of Bees, where I had not a chance to defend myself. That's why I wrote the 'I feel trapped' message.

This error on Sunset, coursed by a bad modemtransfer or whatever I could be, should now be fixet so that at least this error is solved.

The next thing I will tell, is that this is not a one man software, becouse I have a crowd of about 57 testers, and they will as the very first Yell at me if the software  does not behave. It is not just anybody, but serius beekeepers from a very few hives to a lot of Hives. The man from which the demodatabase comes have 60 hives.

You will find, that no software is giving any gurantie that it can run on other computers than the programmers, but 57 people having near as many setups and a varius of different computers., and from who I hear a little but suggestions should give the possibility of succes.

About the letter from THONE HUGO VE144 (240)9452 I must say that this story on Apimondia was as least as much confusing for me. All my material disapeared, and I dont know where, so I had to build up a stand with use of a speed maker. Not that wery impressive, Futher more my mouse stopped to work. I tryed to fix this, and sometimes it would work sometimes not, so that I had to try to reboot my computer to try to get it to work again. It newer hang on a programm error down there. (Have you ever tryed to run windows without a mouse, then try it and you will see what I am talking about :-))

About the software price I only have to say, that this is not my desission. This software price is set by the EDBi foundation, and not by me. For my sake this could have been a free software, but I am responsible to this EDBi foundation becouse they own the software. Not I.

I am willing to take against critisime and suggestions, becouse that is what is making a software better, but please be fair that is all I ask for!

By the way Allan and I aggreed about not to clutter this BEE-L up with this promming issue, so please respect this, so that it can go back to what is is about : BEEKEEPING. Take your critisim directly to me please,  and then please visit the url http://www.wn.com.au/apimo where you will get a lot more of information.

E-Mail me at [log in to unmask] direcly please instead of cluttering this Beekeeping list up with this foolish posting against or with.

Best regards Jorn