From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:44:51 -0600
Hello All,
The outgoing lame duck secretary of Ag is not a friend to beekeepers.

The newly appointed Secretary of Ag is I have been told.

However I doubt seedless Mandarin growers will be able to legislate away
seeded mandarin
oranges. Some beeks will find a way to make orange blossom honey in those
areas. The person which laughs last usually laughs the hardest.

However with the Imid use on oranges and the losses many beeks are seeing in
orange perhaps many will give up on orange honey and move on to other areas.
I have received many emails from Florida asking for advice as to placement
of hives in orange. I can give none except to check with growers as to what
chems they are using and decide if the loss is worth the gain.

bob