From:
John Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 07:30:22 EST
In a message dated 3/1/00 11:54:40 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<Mr. Slade is correct in that I was not following the prescribed regimen. I
was following a suggestion from Richard Taylor in "Gleanings in Bee
Culture".>>

   I recollect Taylor's article. What Taylor was referring to was when you
open the manufacturer's foil package that Apistan strips ship in you might
not use all the strips that come in that pack. The Apistan strips that I have
seen ship 10 to the package with an airtight foil seal. If I treat 2 hives
with 2 strips in each from a pack, that leaves 6 strips in a no-longer
airtight package. Taylor's recommendations were *solely aimed at those
remaining unused strips* to keep them from losing their effectiveness. I
strongly believe he did not mean to misdirect anyone away from the labels
instructions for use of strips in the hive.
John