From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 16:20:15 -0700
>I certainly did not anticipate nor appreciate the insults to my
>nationalistic pride that came pouring forth.

Fellow Bee Keepers & Friends,

WOW, the pot is calling the kettle black...after posting his total
colective thoughts on the subject of RE: "Another thing to worry
about..AFRO-Beetles", in which all he had to say was:

"Just one more reason to keep the border between Canada and the U.S.A
closed. No doubt that will bring howls of anguish!" said David Eyre.

Well, maybe we could all think a little more before we post and not make
posts knowing very well and admitting in the post that what we were posting
could be hurtful to others, especially if we can not take that heat our own
posts generate.

I gave back to Mr. Eyre what it seemed to me and others he was asking for.
His and my post added nothing at all to the subject "AFRO-Beetles", and
were at the least gratuitous and now Mr. Eyre in a different voice "howls"
to me personally and in this List expressed more of his own brand of "howls
of anguish!"  He wants it both ways and it just don't work that way. He has
a right to express his opinion and I have a right and maybe an obligation
to express my own on his if I think he is wrong. Its called social
intercourse and has nothing to do with his or my pride or national origins
or our citzenship. I hope only that we all have in common being bee keepers
or their friends here.

>Finally I would point out, even with moderation, inflamatory, derogatory
>insulting remarks still get through and if it continues I can forsee the
Bee-L
>being a party of one, both posing and answering it's own questions.

Is Mr. Eyre calling for a vote or just complaining because his original
post was not censored?

I for one am not going to beg anyone with such a thin skin to do anything
they don't want to do. I do not think that my own apology to Mr. Eyre, or
my own censorship or removal from this List would make any difference other
then reduce the band width used and produce a void but no sucking sounds. I
can not speak for Mr. Eyre, an experienced poster, other then to offer some
advice to him and others and that is if you find your own words unpalatable
don't post them and you won't have to eat them.

ttul, the OLd Drone
Andy Nachbaur
Los Banos, California

Love Letters to:[log in to unmask]
    Hate Mail to:[log in to unmask]

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!