Date:
Sun, 22 May 2011 22:59:00 -0400
>Not so simple to explain.  Questions: "THE COST IS SIMPLE $3-5 FOR TWO
>TREATMENTS"  So if you have 100 hives does it cost $300 or $500?..."In
>August you use 3 -5 pads."  Does this mean that you use three 5" pads or
>pads which are 3" to 5?"..."In April you RESOAK AND REUSE 2 OF 3."  What
>do you do with the third pad?

Bill's answer to all that is, "Watch the movie".

This evening, I decided to finish watching Bill Ruzicka's DVD.  I watched quite a
bit of this epic presentation a few weeks ago, but it is long and I'm not much
of a movie watcher.  I have a short attention span.  I am as likely to walk away
halfway through as I am to watch a film to the end.

Added to that, this movie is not exactly a gripper.  It it is, however, IMO, a must
to watch for many who are contemplating using formic in any form.  I received
it by mail, but wonder if he has uploaded it or will upload it to YouTube, where
everyone can watch on demand.  Many of us hate to see DVDs because newer
computers often do not have a drive to accept them.  That medium is obsolete.

The film covers Bill's operation, then formic acid from A to Z.   In watching, I was
reminded of the various formic dispensers I bought and examined over the
years and which we discussed on BEE-L as he showed the various European
inventions.

I'm inclined to think I might give Bill's method a try.

We'll see.  I have not reached the end of the film yet.  It looks as if I have at least
a half-hour to go.   Also, the window for spring treatment he recommends has
passed.  Maybe here in Alberta it is later.

Don't know.