From:
C Hooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 05:49:08 -0700
Honey Used to Preserve Skin Grafts
GO TO: www.apitherapynews.com

Georgian Medical News, 2006 Jun;(135):117-20

This study provides a description of the functional changes occurring in
rat skin grafts preserved at 4 C in natural honey during 3, 7, 14, 30
days. To determine of the preserved skin viability we used the
physiological test by measurement of O(2) consumption rate in the
culture media...

Based on our investigation we can conclude that preservation method -
meliteration is effective storage procedure for transplantation means
(satisfactory viability preserved about 2-3 weeks)...