Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:50:43 EDT
Lloyd

I learned all of my beekeeping from a commercial beekeeper in eastern MT
who produced all of his own queens for a 3000 colony operation.

He preferred to use press in cages for queen introduction.  He also  didn't
like taking a chance that the queen would fly off as he was transferring
her in to the cage.

I had ordered some sister queens, hand inseminated to the same drone  line.
 We introduced all of them with 100% success.  He also used the  water
trick.  A glass of warm water sitting on the frames.  Take queen  cage with
queen, submerge her, pop the cork, and let her walk out on the  comb.  Worked
well, with no obvious harm to the queen.

Jerry