From:
Walter Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 07:05:11 -1000
        Aloha has the group finished the " H " word issue. What about organic
honey? Gee I put in my $,02 worth and the organic thread broke and burned.
USDA had lots of folks at the American Honey Producers convention last week
and not a word was said about the allowing of New Zealand and Australian
honey bees to be imported to the USA as soon as possible. Interesting.
Jerry Stroope got unseated for his strong belief that the National Honey
Board should be abolished totally and certainly  not expanded. The big boys
$$$$ packers and their allies sent him back to the bee yard. Interesting.

        The advent of the Internet could bee the beginning of a powerful movement
if some enthusiasm could bee developed to try and make a difference in our
future by joining together as a group to have a well heard voice. I have
some gray hairs  for my 48 years on this earth and I have a lot of respect
for the opinions of the older drones with lots of gray hairs. This group
seems to have great fun with funny threads and then they are willing to sit
back and let " The Government" have a free hand  to do what it wants. I
must admit that every day I get a little more of the feeling of impotence
when trying to make a difference, and a person can make a little
difference, a group of people can make a bigger difference, and it sure is
a lonely job when seeking supporters.

        This remains a good list, for the most part, in MHO and thanks to all the
folks who do share real and important information about our beloved honey
bees. The macadamias are blooming away and early fruits are coming on and
we are real busy with bee yard work so have a great day everyone.

                                        Aloha Walter in Hawaii