Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 19:34:06 -0700
Hi -

I'm returning to beekeeping after a hiatus of three
years. I've got one brood chamber with packaged bees
and a purchased queen in their third week. The queen
is laying, they've been fed the full time, and things
look really good.

I'd like this hive to have two brood chambers, and I'm
wondering when and how to add it. I was thinking of
putting the second chamber, a queen excluder and a
super on this weekend, but I don't know if there's
something special I should do... move frames around?
Wait until after the fourth week? The two chambers
have different foundation, with the one now being used
having pure wax frames and the added one being
Dadant's Duragilt.

Any thoughts?

Richard