From:
K&W Jarrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 06:24:42 -0700
Waldemar and all,

> With all the [real and unreal] issues of hired pollination, I am
> surprises almond growers simply don't keep their own bees.

This concept has been tried before, the problem is beekeeping  is totally
another business. When oil went to 70 dollars a barrel did we all go out and
buy drill rigs?
One  grower that I know bought into a bee business as a partner, this way
the foundation and core of the business is in place and you only have to
expand as needed. BTW this grower also reads this list.

Keith Jarrett
Calif