Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:42:03 -0400
On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Anita Rickenberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The study that reported the glyphosate concentration in human urine was
> conducted in Germany and the report is in German.  For anyone fluent in
> German, here is the link: http://www.ithaka-journal.net/herbizide-im-urin.

It is interesting that the press and internet sites that discuss this issue
seem to have the study, but we know little about what the actual study
says. Most of the sites that discuss it are anti-GMO/Monsanto.

What I can glean is that urban people were tested and they have glyphospate
in their urine. But they were supposedly not in contact with it. How they
came in contact with it is the issue that the sites delve into, blaming GMO
crops.

All this may be true, but it does have the smell of advocacy around it,
especially since the University and authors are not named to protect them
from industry pressures. If it is true, I would think that any University
and author would not cower in anonymity but shout the truth from the
rooftops. Since, if true, it is a major finding and health problem.

An aside. In my trying to ferret this out, The USDA did run tests on
farmers who used round up and found about 60% of the farmers and 12% of the
children had glyphosate in their urine, and that was from direct use. Most
of the problem was in not using protective clothing including gloves. It is
interesting that it was not 100%, which I would have expected.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine