From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:32:38 -0400
> THe real story is the unsustainable practices migratory feedlot beekeeping has sunk to

I keep reading this mantra on the BeeL about "unsustainable practices"
but migratory beekeeping has been going on for some time as has
commercial agriculture. The argument is something I heard when I was in
elementary school and was told that we would run out of oil, food and
metals in the early 1970's and mass starvation around the would would be
common by the bicentennial.

The problem with all these Luddite like predictions is they rely on a
static universe where all thing remain the same. That just does not happen.

The only thing that remains the same are the predictions of disaster
every decade.That you can take to the bank, which the predictors do,
since bad news sells a lot more books than does good.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine