From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:40:41 -0600
Hello All,

>"I'm not surprised by the fluvalinate or tactic violation but OA.".

Tactic is amatraz and not fluvalinate.

>All I can say is good luck to MDA in finding any " evidence" of the OA
dribble technique.

If Big Brother can find OA on a shop towel why would you think they could
not find OA on a wood frame or wax?

Enforcement of illegal use of pesticides rests solely with bee inspectors.
Some look the other way and some don't.

Some states don't even have a bee inspection service ( Arizona)  and others
(Illinois) want migratory beekeepers to be inspected and get a permit to
move from one county to the other .

Some beekeepers jump through all the hoops and some jump over all the hoops
and go all over the U.S. without ever being inspected or getting a permit.

U.S. beekeeping is different than most of the world. I just returned from a
month in Texas. Big place. I drove south for sixty miles in one area without
seeing a service station. The reason is the King Ranch owned the property on
both sides of the road. The ranch controls over a million acres of land. You
could put all the hives in the U.S. on King Ranch and still only get a
couple hives per acre.

King Ranch controls more land than many countries and more land than the
state of Rhode Island. Many other large ranches in Texas.

King Ranch (under another name) is the largest producer of citrus in Florida
( fourth in world citrus production) and is beekeeper friendly.

Bob

--
believed to be clean.