From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2012 11:06:12 -0400
On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 4:20 AM, Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hola Juanse
>
> It sounds like you are saying that they are going to do a foliar
> application.

Yes

> At what rate are they going to apply (how much active
> ingredient per litre,

Make your own calculation, I do not want to make mistakes:
fact sheet http://www.bayercropscience.cl/upfiles/folletos/folleto_confidor_berries_2007.pdf

200 g/L  base product in the bottle
90 cc/L  amount of product to the mix that will be used

 how many litres per hectare?

1000 L/hectare

each machine do between 5 and 6 hectares per day
there will be 4 to 5 machines working in parallel

> If the blueberry fields you are referring to are the home fields around
> your base in Gorbea, then you should have them spray around the corner of
> the farm where you store your your equipment when it is dead calm because
> at this time of the year I expect you have all your supers stored in that
> area.

Yes the application will be at the Gorbea Farm. In total 130 hectares
of blueberries. Therefore they will take between 4 and 7 days in
spraying the whole farm.

No application will be done close to our equipment stores, but yes
very close to the hives. Usually the tractor operator are very aware
of the hives. I will leave a properly dress (equiped?) "volunteer" to
check the application process.

> I would be most concerned about the weeds which may be sprayed in a foliar
> application.  Is there anything flowering at this time of the year?  I seem
> to recall that the blueberry rows are extremely clean of weeds,  but
> anything that is flowering could be a real problem.

I will check tomorrow the real situation of weeds in the Gorbea farm.
But as you said, they are very efficient on weed control, nevertheless
the economies of the farms haven't been to good in past two season, so
they have been saving on different fronts, including weed control.
We have had a rather warm autumn with not much water. In the past week
the first cold front came in with some rain.

Weather forecast present excelent condition for monday and tuesday,
rain on wednesday, overcast for thursday, good on friday.

Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.
Carrera 695
Gorbea - CHILE