From:
Scott Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2018 06:42:42 -0800
Bill Asked "Also, since these queens go through rigorous selection would
they be better to use as initial genetic stock if one were starting an area
breeding program?"

I wish I had more info than I do Bill! I've talked to several beeks in our
No. CA MDBA, backyard and commercial alike, that have used them in the past
couple years and they say they have been some of their most prolific
queens who's colonies have produced significantly MORE honey than MOST of
their other colonies from locally bread queens. I hopefully will be
including them this year in my local, small scale, breading program to
diversify the gene pool.

Scott Ball
Livermore, CA