From:
Justin Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2018 09:25:11 -0500

> Hopefully it will be sold as a "going concern" to someone that understands
> the business for pennies on the dollar.  If they could find a buyer, that
> would seem to be a much better option than selling off some wood products
> and a few fancy CNC routers piecemeal.

From personal experience dealing with Receivers in NC, it isn't likely that
the company will be sold as a "going concern." In part because Receivers
are looking to sell quickly, as they hold significant liability for waste
of assets, and in part because its a whole lot easier to hire an auctioneer
to sell off the equipment than it is to hire a broker to sell the business.
However, if someone steps forward quickly and offers cash to buy it all,
the Receiver may gladly take them up on the offer. But the potential buyer
may be better served bidding at the auction for what they want. Usually the
intellectual property rights (the business name, website) are abandoned.

Sadly, there isn't much of a "going concern" to sell though. The website is
down, the inventory is depleted, and many of their sales routes have been
destroyed. Personally, I called Brushy Mountain to order 1,000 glass jars
mid October. I found them cheaper from a retailer in TX, but wanted to pick
them up myself so was willing to pay more from Brushy. When I called to
place the order, the sales associate confirmed they had them in stock but
put me on hold to "confirm they could sell to me." After sitting on hold
for almost 10 min, the sales associate came back on the line and told me
she couldn't sell them to me (not they didn't have them) and wouldn't be
able to sell to me "until next year." I had to fulfill an order in
December, so I told them that put me in a very tough bind. There wasn't
much sympathy, and they hung up. I ordered from someone else (and saved
money in the process), but there is no telling how many orders they turned
away BEFORE they shut their website down, let alone after.