From:
Clovermead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:10:49 -0500
Has anyone in a "poor honey flow" area experimented with adding additional
wax to sheets of plastic foundation to see if the bees would take to them
better, like the way they do with wax foundation.

I was thinking about spraying or dipping sheets of plastic foundation in wax
to give them a much thicker coating to give the bees a bit more wax material
to start drawing out cells with.  I understand in good honey flow areas it
is never an issue getting the bees to draw out the plastic foundation
quickly, but my bees struggle.

Chris

Aylmer, ON