Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:45:33 GMT
>>He used a nuc box through which the bees had to pass and kept it
stocked with brood. ...with no income, especially water, the queen
would  rapidly go off lay. The pheromenes of the brood in the nuc
might be an attractant.

If I followed, this nuc had two holes.  One hole would line up with
the opening in the house/tree.  The other one would have a screen
funnel over it to one-way the bees out.  Is that right?

What kept the brood in the nuc going?  Did he rotate in new frames
with brood periodically?

It's an interesting concept.  I might try it one day.

Waldemar