From:
Leland Hubbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:20:06 -0400
> << a)  Fear results in increased respiration, perspiration, etc. >>
>
> I don't think perspiration of itself is a trigger. . . .

Anti-perspirant may be, however. Wendell Smith, who was Ohio
State Bee Inspector for many years, thought that perfumes and
such caused problems in the bee yard.
I learned early-on that a black felt hat will soon look like a
pincushion (full of stingers) and is not acceptable around bees.
Also probably a good idea to not have the odor of dogs or horses
on your hands or clothing when working bees.
I have not observed any conflict with sheep that sometimes walk
through the flight path at one end of the pasture near the bees.
Interesting discussion & comments.