From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 2009 19:55:12 -0800
> >I think this question --.sugar/protein ratio -- needs examination on the
> faint chance that we are forcing the bees to take too much sugar with their
> protein.  My guess is that they can separate the two and it is not an
> issue,
> but, who knows?

Bees can separate solid particles from dissolved sugar with the
proventriculus.  If they have enough water to dissolve the sugar.

Eric Olson has very good results with MegaBee mixed into a candy board at
only 8% protein.  I'd be curious to see what would happen if you mixed it
with bakers fondant.

The question that I have, Allen, is whether we could get away with a protein
concentrate patty that was not very attractive, that the bees would slowly
gnaw on.

Randy Oliver