From:
"Dick Wm. Waskey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 18:19:17 -0600
I did a few Internet searches and found plans to build a mason bee hive.
The plans were divided into two methods.  Small holes drilled in a block
of wood and paper soda straws tied up in a bundle.  I made the block out
of a 5x5x12 in piece of wood, Put an old Paterson bluebird house roof on
it and set it in my apple orchard.  The idea was to have a source of
pollination for when the honey bees were not flying and when the
neighbors clover field was more enticing...
The first year I had around 25 holes filled and then last year nothing...
I will continue trying this year since you need to build up the
population and continue to add move nest holes each year.

Dick Wm. Waskey
Scandia Minnesota