From:
Jan Tempelman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:05:21 +0200
Joel Govostes wrote:
> Can anyone suggest the sources of the black and dark-green pollen loads,
> appearing lately (past month or so) in our pollen traps?  Location is
> central NY State.

In "A colour guide to the pollen loads of the honey bee" from William
KIRK, IBRA
the verry dark pollen are
Echium vulgare  (Viper's bugloss)
Phacelia tanacetiflora (Phacelia)
Hyacinthoides hispanica (Spanish bluebell)
Scillia siberia (Siberian squill)
Chamerion angustifolium (Rosebay willowherb)>>dark green
Papaver orientale (Oriental poppy)

and in the Netherlands Tulips (our national proud) have black
pollen.(only in april/may)

--
Jan Tempelman / Ineke Drabbe     |     EMAIL:[log in to unmask]
Sterremos 16               3069 AS Rotterdam, The Netherlands