From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:45:07 -0500
Hello All,
The August ABJ came today. interesting comments made by Jerry Hayes in
reference to a neonicotinoids question from a reader in his monthly "The
Classroom".

I have to say Jerry and I have been friends for many years and I have the
upmost respect for his opinion. I have sought his opinion many times!
I completely agree with his response to the readers questions about the
neonicotinoids!

Jerry Hayes from pg.706 of the August ABJ.
"I would agree with you that pesticides might be part of the puzzle.
Neonicotinoids are everywhere. Check out dog & cat flea collars, ant and
termite control, household  bug spray and,of course ,lawn and garden sprays,
along with agriculture. Are we impacting our environment including us and
our children? Sure we are. Have you seen the movie "I Am Legend" a remake of
the "Omega Man"? That is exactly where we are heading and you may quote me.

Bob:
I have seen the movie and also the original. I thought back in 1968 when the
"Omega Man" came out that people having to drink bottled water and vast
pollution plus massive food shortages was a bit much but it seems its coming
to be reality.

Jerry Hayes: ( Classroom Aug. ABJ)
"An independent study will be done to investigate the neonicotinoids when a
new class of chemicals is designed to replace the neonicotinoids and there
is no more money to be made from them. Until then , enjoy being a guinea
pig."

It is my opinion also that we are all *plus our precious environment* guinea
pigs
as far as the new class of systemic pesticides are concerned. The FDA did no
testing but simply rubber stamped the chemical company research.

All those which support the  neonicotinoids base their opinion on the
chemical company research as there is no other research that has been done
as Jerry Hayes has pointed out!

bob