From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2013 07:08:48 -0800
>Here is the reference you want for information and then
some.....................Title: The Thermology  of Wintering Honey Bee
Colonies, Technical Bulletin #1429

Thanks for the digging Dee, but I had already studied that paper, and it
does not answer my question, since Owens placed the probes into the
beespaces.  What I'm interested in is the heat transfer that takes place in
the inch of HONEY that separates the 3/8" of heat-generating bees.  At the
crosswise edges of the cluster, the honey forms conductive gaps between the
bee insulating shell.  The honey gaps are nearly three times as wide as the
seams of bees.

There was some discussion as to the R value of honey some months back--does
anyone remember if we ever found a value?

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA