Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 06:36:45 -0400
Peter wrote:

"Supers then go on the trailer and are covered with a tarpaulin.  As there will always be bees trying to get on to the supers, I then drive a few hundred yards and draw back the tarpaulin for a couple of minutes to let them fly home.  Repeat as necessary until there are no bees left."

A method I sometimes use is to put the supers in the back of the car, drive a furlong or so (by which time I probably won't be able to see out of the back window), stop and let them go, then repeat several times until they're all gone.  It doesn't take long and they aren't stingy.  I try to keep within a quarter of a mile of the apiary so those who haven't orientated themselves before won't get lost.

Chris