From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:36:14 -0500
I get mine from an old-fashioned lumber yard (builder's supply) store.  I
have never seen it at a Lowes or Home Depot.  When I started using it, 6-8
years ago, someone told me to ask for Sign Board, so I did and it worked.
But I notice that when they call to the troops to tell them I am coming for
the pickup they call it 'exterior' board.

My understanding is that all the glues in 'regular' plywood are now the
same, regardless of exterior or interior use.  They all warp and
delaminate.  During the winter I store my supers outside on pallets with a
tarp cover and a bottom 5/8th piece of Sign Board (4' x 8') to keep mice
out.  Some of these have been in use for at least 6 years.  Outside all
summer and winter with no protection, paint, etc.  Not a sign of warp or
delamination.

I also use this stuff to make new nuc boxes and to make covers for old nuc
boxes.  Again, so problems.

AFAIK, it comes in a wide variety of thickness.  I have used 3/8, 5/8, and
3/4.

If you have difficulty finding it, call a company that makes custom-wood
outside signs for companies.  They are getting it somewhere.

Lloyd

--
Lloyd Spear
Owner Ross Rounds, Inc.