From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 02:25:13 -0700
 > There was an article in Bee Culture some time ago by Kim Flottum when
 > he visited someone in Arizona doing work on smaller cell sized
 > foundation and no treatment for Varroa. The article reported good
 > results but I cannot remember the outcome.

That's true, and we've recently received some long and involved posts addressed
to BEE-L that are not well paragraphed and are hard to read, but seem to deal
with this same rumour.

Although we refuse very few articles, no moderator has yet chosen to approve
these particular opi because of the voluminous content, confusing formatting and
perhaps other reasons which I leave it to you to discover.  I'm not sure anyone
has been able to read from start to finish.  I think we all figured that this
material should be on a web site with a pointer posted on BEE-L, rather than
emailed to 1,007 people who did not really ask for it, so we've been sitting on
it, wondering what to do.  But we've been very busy and maybe we haven't done it
justice.

Anyhow, there are getting to be more bee lists and one of the new ones is
http://www.onelist.com/community/beekeeping with 76 members and no restrictions.
The same posts have been sent there and since they accept anything, the posts
are in their archives.  You find the archives under 'Latest Messages'.  Click
'index' and work back from the present.  I'll be interested in what people think
(Address comments to [log in to unmask] and abuse to /dev/nul/)

I hope some give them a reading and report back.  I think some members will find
these posts interesting.  It is obvious a lot of work went into them.  If any
BEE-L members think that this series of posts should be on BEE-L, we'll consider
posting them or finding them a web home, but I hope someone can edit  them into
a format that is less of a marathon -- and make them a little less of less of a
prosetylization :)

allen