From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 11:05:48 -0400
​Peter Borst was offended my an ethnic slur posted, and approved on this
list. I winced when I read the original, and debated with myself quite a
while before approving the post. Some may feel I am personally accountable
for all things posted on BEE-L. I suppose I should include a disclaimer
that the thoughts published herein do not necessarily reflect the thoughts
and beliefs of the moderator.

My personal debate took me to the issue of removing statues and monuments,
that are offensive to some and not to others, from public places .
Personally I think the statues and monuments should remain, not because I
have strong beliefs regarding what they may or may not represent, but I
have strong beliefs in, “Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat
it.” -Edmund Burke. Rather than painting over history I feel the reminders
of where we came from, struggled away from, should remain to remind us to
where we cannot return. Don't remove or rewrite history, learn from it!

I'm sorry Peter was offended, I'm sorry the ethnic slur was written. I
moderate, I try not to censor. It's a fine line.   I'm fallible.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of
the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of
the time” - John Lydgate

Aaron Morris