From:
Ana Lucia Merlo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 11:57:43 -0300
I DO wear gloves and can not foresee a time
>when I won't.  It's just my nature to be cautious.  I was wrong in stating
>that we never get stung though.

I have always worn thick rubber gloves, trousers and long sleeve t-shirt
under my bee suit to avoid being stung. However, I do get stung! Sometimes
over the gloves or on the shoulders over the suit when ( almost always)I
sweat and my clothes get wet by perspiration. The reaction is  different
though. The local doesn't get swollen but redish, painful for 48 hours at
least and some temperature on the skin.
I had never thought it could be harmful in anyway but all this discussion on
bee venom has awakened my curiosity.

My question is. How much  venom, can go through these two thick layer of
clothing ?
And how harmful it could be?

Thank you.

Ana Lucia- Living in a tropical country and keeping Africanized honey bees.

 Ana Lucia Campos Merlo.
 Bee Biz - For the Commercial Beekeeper.